What do I say?
I can be so hard to come up with something to say in a birthday greeting. You want to be witty but not crass, and kind but not weird. Here are several greetings that you can take as is or use to get your own writing juices flowing.
10 canned Birthday Greetings - silly
- You just keep getting better, like a fine wine - or cheese. Probably cheese.
- Age is only in the head. In my head, you have a lot of age.
- You don’t get older. You just level up.
- Thanks for giving me an excuse to eat cake.
- Studies show that people who have more birthdays live longer. They must be good for your health.
- Celebrate you birthday the same way you started - naked and screaming.
- With age comes wisdom. You’re one of the wisest people I know.
- Birthdays are like boogers. The more you have, the harder it is to breathe!
- Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.
- Wow. This is the oldest that you have ever been.
10 canned Birthday Greetings - less silly
- May you have a joyful year.
- Best wishes on your birthday and throughout the year.
- Wishing you good health and happiness on your birthday.
- May this birthday be just the beginning of a year filled with wonderful days.
- Wishing you a day filled with wonderful surprises.
- Celebrate this day and all through the year.
- It has been such a pleasure to know you this year - I hope to celebrate many more with you.
- Here’s to you, to life, to joy, to love. Happy Birthday.
- Congratulations on another year of life and joy.
- May you have blessings, joy, and pleasure throughout this year.
Do you have great birthday greetings that you like to use over and over? Tell us about them.